Tips for staying hydrated
Keeping well hydrated is key to allow the body to function efficiently, with these easy to follow tips you can always make sure your body is getting the hydration it needs!
- Keep a bottle of water with you during the day, you can reuse plastic bottles and fill them up which will save you money buying bottled water and reduce waste.
- If you don't like plain water, then try to mix it up by adding squash or fresh fruit to your water such as lemons or limes.
- Always try to ensure you drink plenty of fluid before, during and after exercise or any physical activity to replenish the fluids that you would have lost. This will help to prevent fatigue and tiredness.
- Thirst is often confused with hunger, sometimes when you think you are feeling hungry you are often just thirsty, have a drink of water instead. True hunger will not be satisfied by drinking water. Drinking water can also aid with weight loss programmes as some research suggests that water can help make you feel full.
- If you find consciously remembering to drink water throughout the day difficult then why not set yourself up a drink schedule.. For example, you could simply try drink water at the beginning of every hour or drink water when you first wake up, alongside your breakfast, any snacks you have through the day, lunch and dinner and have a glass of water nearby for when you go to bed.
- The last tip would be drink water when you go out to a restaurant, it will keep you hydrated and its free!