Reasons to walk
Your heart is a muscle and it needs physical activity to stay in good condition. Regular walking can help to give your heart the workout it needs. Discover more reasons to walk and why it's great to walk for charity.
Being active helps reduce your risk of developing coronary heart disease. Walking can also help reduce your risk of having a stroke, Type 2 diabetes, obesity and osteoporosis.
In addition to these amazing health benefits, here are 9 great reasons to get outside and walk:
- Get a healthier body shape and appearance
- Control your weight
- Feel more energetic
- Feel less stressed
- Increase your self-confidence
- Sleep more easily
- Enjoy your surroundings
- Meet people and make new friends through walking groups
- Save money
If you'd like to know more about how walking can help, read the booklet Put Your Heart Into Walking.
Walking for charity
As well as improving your health, appearance and well-being, walking is also a simple and easy way to raise money for charity.
Here are our top five reasons why you should walk and raise money for the BHF by taking part in Just Walk.
- You can pick your own route, so you can make it a challenge specifically tailored to you.
- You pick the date, and you can walk at a time and day that is suitable for you.
- You get to decide who you want to walk with. You can walk on your own or get together with friends and family to explore new places.
- Once you've decided where, when and who you're walking with, all you need to do is let people know and ask them to sponsor you.
- Did you know that every three minutes in the UK, another family loses a loved one to heart and circulatory disease? However, with every stride you take and every pound you raise, you can help bring us closer to ending the devastation by funding our life saving research.
So why not sign up for your free fundraising kit today and Just Walk? Let's tell heart disease to take a hike.