Top Tips to Get Your 150 Minutes
- Start small – you don't have to do your 150 minutes in one sitting. Break it down into 10 minute sessions throughout the day.
- Be realistic – if you currently only do 10 minutes of exercise per week, start with a goal of 30 minutes, and build it up as you find it easier.
- Make exercise part of your day – walk to work instead of taking the car. Plan gym sessions for the same time each week so that they become routine but don't worry if you miss a day, just make it up the next day.
- Keep moving – everyday activities still count so take the stairs instead of the lift. Suggest a walking meeting if its less formal. All of our exercises of the week featured above can be performed at your desk.
- Don't go it alone – everyone benefits from being active so get your friends and family involved. Go to the gym with your colleagues at lunch or walk the dog with your partner after work.
- Get plenty of variety – use the LRS A-Z to pick a different activity to try each month. You'll soon find one you love.
- Set reminders – leave your trainers by the door or put post it notes on the cereal box.
- Keep an eye on your progress – use the WPC activity log to monitor how many minutes your racking up each week. The easier it gets the more points you'll achieve.
- Reward yourself – when you achieve 150 minutes, 4 weeks in a row, book yourself a massage or buy a new book. Recognise your hard work!