SHAKE UP SEPTEMBER 2016 NATIONAL CHALLENGE
Congratulations to everyone who took part in the Shake Up September challenge. Check out our infographic below for all the stats from the challenge.
For the results and winners please see our prizes page - www.workplacechallenge.org.uk/prizes
Click here to read the news story about Shake Up September 2016
Be inspired by the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games to get motivated and get moving this September!
Many of us spend more than 60% of our waking hours at work, often sat at our desks for hours on end. This stationary behaviour is having a detrimental effect on our health, with physical inactivity accounting for 1 in 4 deaths globally.
Research has shown that physical activity can boost morale, communication, lift team spirit, increase productivity and reduce the number of sickness absence days taken. Take a look at our Flexible Lunch Break manifesto to learn more about how adding physical activity into and around the workplace can benefit your business.
Rally the troops and get into the Olympic and Paralympic spirit as Workplace Challenge are inviting you and your colleagues to Shake Up September!
Shake Up September
Inspired by Rio 2016, Workplace Challenge are inviting you to try as many different sports as you can throughout September and earn points for your workplace. Remember points mean prizes! Get inspired get active, log your activity and track your progress on the Workplace Challenge leaderboards from 1st - 30th September.
Getting into the Olympic/ Paralympic spirit
Each day in September we will be showcasing one of 30 different Olympic/ Paralympic sports giving you the inspiration and motivation to try something different. From archery to paracanoeing, goalball to trampolining there's something for everyone.
Did someone say BINGO?!
Challenge your colleagues to get involved and see who can declare bingo first! Download the official Shake Up September bingo card which includes 23 of the 30 different Olympic and Paralympic sports plus 2 'you choose' options that Workplace Challenge are showcasing throughout the challenge.
Each time you complete a sport, tick it off on your official bingo card, the first to successfully complete five sports in a row on the card is the winner! There will also be a special leaderboard for all participants who take part in a log 5 or more different sports during the challenge.
Why not create a bit of fun and friendly competition and nominate three fellow businesses to complete a line of the Shake Up September bingo card?
Play Shake Up September bingo and you could win!
We are excited to be offering a spot prize of a £10 Decathlon voucher to the first 20 Workplace Challengers who successfully complete a row of five activities from the Workplace Challenge bingo card!
In order to qualify you need to have successfully completed five activities in a vertical, horizontal or diagonal row on the Workplace Challenge bingo card and tweet @WorkplaceChall a picture collage of the five activities you have completed with the message "BINGO! I've completed my 5 activities for #ShakeUp2016'.
The first 20 Workplace Challengers who have successfully declared bingo will be contacted via direct message on Twitter to confirm their prize.
How to get involved
- Sign up to Workplace Challenge and start your journey to learning something new this September.
- Download your official Shake Up September bingo card from the link below.
- Discover a wide range of sport and physical activities using our A-Z of sport there are tips on what the activity is all about and how to get involved. Check out our partner offers too.
- Get active. Take a look in our Events and Competitions tabs to discover great opportunities to get active in your local area including Rio inspired sports days and Business Games Events.
- Log your activity to earn activity points and see where you sit in our individual and workplace leaderboards. Could you be one of our Workplace Challenge winners and be a prize winner?
- Make it social, it's always more fun to exercise with others (and you are less likely to give up with the added pressure of making a commitment to do an activity). Invite your colleagues to sign up by referring them through your dashboard.
Share your successes, stumbles and selfies
Join in the conversation. Link up your Facebook and Twitter accounts to Workplace Challenge and share your successes, stumbles and selfies with us using #ShakeUp2016.
Follow us on Twitter
Became a fan on Facebook
Engage in the discussion on LinkedIn
Get started today!
Does your workplace have what it takes to reach the podium? Sign up today to get warmed up for the Shake Up September national challenge.