Posted: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:09
The National Activity Log Challenge has now ended and as in any competition it's now time to celebrate the winners but before we do that here's some top facts and a reminder that it's also about the taking part with many people winning spot prizes just for being involved!
- More than 11,700 individuals from over 2,200 workplaces are involved in the Workplace Challenge.
- Over 280,000 activities have been logged over 230,000 hours equating to more than 26 years of activity!
- 118,000 trips have been logged covering over 634,000 miles; enough to go around the earth 25 times!
- More than 65,000kg of CO2 has been saved through active travel trips logged!
The national prizes are awarded for the categories below from the national leaderboards:
- Workplaces: Prizes courtesy of World Corporate Games (entries to the World Corporate Games).
- 1st: Ashmount School - winner of 15 sponsored entries,
- 2nd: The Climbing Station - winner of 12 sponsored entries,
- 3rd: Just Racing UK - winner of 9 sponsored entries.
- 1st: Abbeycroft Leisure (Bury St Edmunds Leisure Centre) Administration - winner of Super Grand Prix Indoor Karting Taster,
- 2nd: Southampton Solent University MCS - winner of Tree Top Adventure with Go Ape,
- 3rd: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd (Main Works) Business Development - winner of an All Bar One gift card.
- 1st Male: Ibb Mohammed (Bristol Sports Centre) and 1st Female: Tanya Griffiths (Concertus), winners of Red Letter Day Orange Experience Gift Packs,
- 2nd Male: Ironman T (Busy Bees), and 2nd Female: Nicola Squires (England Netball), winners of Red Letter Day Blue Experience Gift Packs,
- 3rd Male: The Bohdan Dawyd (South Kesteven District Council), and 3rd Female: Emma Griffiths (Ricoh UK Ltd), winners of £50 restaurant vouchers.
- 1st: London Borough Of Hammersmith And Fulham, winner of Virgin Experiences full day Paintballing,
- 2nd: Cambridgeshire Community Services, winner of F1 Karting Endurance 50 Web,
- 3rd: Eaton Ltd., winner of Hollywood Bowl Ultimate Corporate package.
- 1st: London Borough Of Hammersmith And Fulham Parks Department, winner of Super Grand Prix Indoor Karting Taster,
- 2nd: South Norfolk District Council Corporate Resources, winner of Tree Top Adventure with Go Ape,
- 3rd: Walkers Midshire Foods Seasoning/Warehouse, winner of an All Bar One gift card.
- 1st Male: Stefan Czeladzinski (London Borough Of Hammersmith And Fulham) and 1st Female: Claire Lockwood (Cambridgeshire Community Services), winners of Red Letter Day Orange Experience Gift Packs,
- 2nd Male: Ben Findlay (Marel) and 2nd Female: Sarah J C Lewis (Birketts LLP), winners of Red Letter Day Blue Experience Gift Packs,
- 3rd Male: Gabe Cseh (Cambridgeshire Community Services) and 3rd Female: Alexandra Cook (Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital) winners of £50 restaurant vouchers.
The Workplace Challenge can help you your workplace to stay active. Keep an eye on the events and competitions pages of the Workplace Challenge website for details of activities. Many CSPs are also organising local mini challenges linked to campaigns such as Sport Relief and Bike Week so stay in touch and stay involved with all the workplace sport and physical activity fun.
You could also become a Workplace Challenge Champion and gain resources and skills to motivate your workplace to be healthier and more active through our training with the British Heart Foundation. Watch this space for details of webinar training and regional full day seminars taking place from May.