9 campaigns to help your workplace move more this autumn
Posted: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 13:58
National Fitness Day on Wednesday 26th September is when we're calling on you and your colleagues to join together to move more and create a culture of active working this autumn!
Read on for details of how you can get involved and show your support for some fantastic campaigns:
1. Get involved in National Fitness Day on 26 September - Find a local event and learn how to get your workplace moving at https://www.nationalfitnessday.com/
2. Be part of the Macmillan World's Biggest Coffee Morning on 29 September - Get social, have your cake and eat it and why not add some activity to your day with a midday mile with colleagues? https://coffee.macmillan.org.uk/
3. Cut it out with Stoptober throughout October - Replace those cigarette breaks with a brisk walk or game of table tennis to beat the cravings - https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/stoptober/home
4. Physical activity is miraculous and moving can help to combat a range of health conditions. Move more and show your support for National Cholesterol Month (https://heartuk.org.uk/get-involved/national-cholesterol-month) and Breast Cancer Awareness Month (https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-awareness) in October.
5. Make sure you make time to move and join in National Work Life Week from 1 – 5 October - https://www.workingfamilies.org.uk/campaigns/national-work-life-week/
6. #RunAndTalk is running from 7 – 12 October where running groups across the country will be talking about mental health and running - https://www.englandathletics.org/clubs--community/runandtalk/runandtalk-campaigns
7. Look after your body with a bit of movement and your body will look after you. Join Back Care Awareness Week from 8 – 12 Oct - http://backcare.org.uk/?news=back-care-awareness-week-1-6-october-2018
8. Let's not over complicate this - the evidence is clear - healthy body = healthy mind. Do you bit for World Mental Health Day on 10 Oct - https://wfmh.global/world-mental-health-day-2018/
9. Keep going and move more for Movember throughout November - https://uk.movember.com/
We hope you and your colleagues find the right activity for you and have fun moving more this autumn!