Are mental health issues causing sickness absence at your workplace?
Posted: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 13:53
Mental health is the leading cause of sickness absence in the UK today. Over 91 million productive days are lost, costing UK businesses an estimated £26bn each year.
In 2011 the Access to Work Workplace Mental Health Support Service (WMHSS) was commissioned and Remploy Ltd consultants began to support employed individuals who were experiencing difficulties in the workplace due to a mental health condition. This free and confidential service has now supported over 8,000 people across the United Kingdom and has a 93% success rate of helping people to retain their employment, manage their mental wellbeing and perform well within their role.
Remploy is proud to call organisations from a variety of sectors as partners, including those from the NHS, Local Authority and Uniformed Services to name a few. However, Remploy believe that more can be done, to encourage employers to discuss the impact of mental health within their organisation, to share ideas of how to promote a more positive attitude towards mental health and integrate an appropriate structure of support.
With that in mind, Remploy would like to invite champions from UK businesses to join us for a free lunchtime webinar on 12th October.
- Discover the facts and stats around mental health
- Define the purpose and aim of WMHSS
- Describe the eligibility and referral process for WMHSS
- Learn about the service structure, potential support and interventions
- Understand the ongoing support and education for employers
The package Includes:
- Access to the live webinar and Q/A session
- A link to view or download a recording of the presentation slides
- Ongoing advice and support via Remploy's Workplace Mental Health Support Service for employees and apprentices
Book your place today via the below link: