Exercise of the Week
Why should I do it? The purpose of the superman exercise is to strengthen the lower back region and indirectly the glutes. The lower back muscles are stretched and strengthened by extending the muscles in a similar fashion as to the way Superman flies. A strong lower back is important for a strong core.
How do I do it?
1. Lay flat on your stomach with your arms extended in front of you on the ground as your legs are lying flat.
2. Lift both your arms and legs at the same time, as if you were flying, and contract the lower back.
3. Make sure you are breathing and, depending on your level of fitness, hold the movement for at least 2 to 5 seconds per repetition.
4. Perform between 5 and 10 repetitions, and possibly 2 or three sets, depending on your fitness.
How do I make it harder? Alternate the sides you lift during the movement e.g. lift your left arm and right leg together.
December Activity of the Month
Supposedly, Juan Manual Asensi, former FC Barcelona player started playing golf on a course with a soccer ball in 2008. By 2009 the first 9 hole Footgolf tournament in Holland was organised. The American Footgolf league was founded in Palm Springs, CA in 2011. There are now nearly 500 Footgolf courses in over 30 US states alone, and it is increasing in popularity in the UK too.
Footgolf follows much of the same rules as golf. The ball must be played in a single movement (no dribbling). The ball is kicked from a position up to two meters behind the round markers. Play the ball from where it lies: you cannot move the ball or remove jammed objects. The winner is the player who scores the least points.
Footgolf Courses in Leicestershire:
Humberstone Heights (Leicester)
Sysonby Acres (Melton Mowbray)
Please follow the link below to find out more about how to get involved in Footgolf, and your local opportunities:
Rounders England - It's Time to be Winning @ Work!
Special Nov/Dec Offer - Only £35!!
Rounders England are advertising a limited time offer which will be available during November and December.
The offer includes an Equipment Pack (foam bat and ball, set of scratch mitts and bag) and Resources (laminated instructions and league table). The compact set includes everything a workplace needs to engage their employees in light activity and keep them stimulated during the working day.
- The products for both mini games fit into a drawstring bag and are easy to store and transport.
- The choice of mini games offer a competitive element that can appeal to all colleagues.
- Games can be played in any workplace environment and take minimal time to set up.
- Instructions and a league table are included for those who want to be competitive.
For a limited time only the pack is available for the price of £35.
You can order your pack in two ways:
1. Order and pay via the Rounders England online shop.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: the number of packs you would like, your purchase order number for accounting purposes and your billing address.