Active Lunch 8 Week Challenge
The national 8 week activity logging challenge will take place from Wednesday 4th January - Tuesday 28th February 2017.
This year we are encouraging you to pull your colleagues together and head out for a midday mile or play a quick game of table tennis in the boardroom - every 10 minutes count. Over the course of the 8 weeks we want to promote the following three messages:
1. Swap desk-based lunch for an active lunch.
2. Supercharge your lunch break with bite-size activity.
3. Add bite-size activity to spice up your lunch break.
The challenge runs for 8 weeks from Wednesday 4th January - Tuesday 28th February 2017, and is really simple. Anyone from any workplace can take part for free. All you need to do is:
1. Get active - every 10 minutes count, try fitting some bite size activities around your working day.
2. Log all your activity at www.workplacechallenge.org.uk/lrsport or using the iPhone or Android app - remember, activity makes points and points make prizes!
3. Track your progress and compete for fun on the Workplace Challenge individual and workplace leaderboards.
Staff at Leicester-Shire and Rutland Sport 'Liven up their Lunch'
Click the link below to watch our video and get some inspiration for your bite size activities.
Bite Size Activity
Bite size activities are chunks of 10 minute physical activity that can easily be done in and around the working day, and the opportunities are endless. Here are just a few examples:
• Tussle over Table Tennis – Order an instant Ping set from Table Tennis England and enjoy a quick game of table tennis in the boardroom!
• Office Aerobics – Google office aerobics and get your arms and legs going to get the blood pumping.
• Make it a Mobile Meeting – Pace pavements with your colleagues to get the ideas flowing.
• Keepy Uppy Challenge – Challenge your colleagues to a Keepy Uppy challenge!
• Midday Mile – Make it social and rally the troops for a Midday Mile.
• Swap the Lift for the Stairs – Simple but effective!
• Racket Rally – grab a racket and see how many times you can hit the shuttle cock between yourself and a colleague in a minute.
• Step Up – Set a target of a number of steps for each working day and challenge your colleagues to compete against you.
• Putting Competition – Get your hands on a golf club, a couple of golf balls and some plastic cups and get putting!
• Dance Off – Check out Exercise Move and Dance's 'All around the office workout' and challenge a colleague to take part!
• Office Orienteering – A treasure hunt in the office! Solve clues to find your prize.
• Press Up or Plank Challenge – how many can you do or how long can you hold a plank for?
If you're in need of some active inspiration and don't know where to start, look no further than Workplace Challenge:
- Check out our A-Z of sport to find out about almost every sport and activity imaginable and the programmes from National Governing Bodies of sport (NGBs).
- Find out more about the latest offers from NGB's.
- Find a local event or why not get involved in a Workplace Challenge Competition Programme event? The first competitions for the New Year will be going live for bookings in December.