Kent's Workplace Challenge supports the Kent Healthy Business Awards. The Awards, delivered by Kent County Council, are self-assessment standards that provide a guide and general overview to help keep your business sustainable.
Why take part in the awards?
- to showcase your people, services and skills
- to help build your reputation for commitment to best practice in health, safety and wellbeing
- to assist in business development and tendering activity
- the awards offer support in developing policies and procedures and demonstrating your compliance with current laws and regulations
Three levels of Award
The standards are divided into three levels: Commitment; Achievement; Excellence.
Each level is broken down into 9 themes:
- attendance management
- health and safety requirements
- mental health and well being
- smoking and tobacco
- physical activity
- healthy eating
- alcohol and substance use
Just decide on the level of engagement you can effectively manage, then choose the level of award that best reflects the sorts of activities that your business can achieve.
By signing up to the Workplace Challenge, you'll be well on your way to achieving the 'Excellence' Award for the 'physical activity' theme. The Workplace Challenge is a great opportunity to engage with your staff & encourage them to be more active. This in turn, can lead to improvements in other areas of their overall health & wellbeing.
If you are a business based in the Medway Council area and you are interested in taking part in Medway's Healthy Workplace programme, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or follow the weblink below: