2017 Active Lunch Challenge
It's time to liven up your lunch!
Make 2017 your year to make a difference for the good of your health, you don't need to run a marathon or climb a mountain… making small changes to your daily routine can make all the difference.
This year we are inviting you to add bite size activities into your working day, ten minutes is all you need to a healthier, happier you!
We know that most of us spend more than 60% of our waking hours at work, and in January/February when the mornings and evenings are filled with darkness – getting out and being active can often be the last thing we want to do!
So… we are urging you to make the most of the lightest and brightest part of your day and to liven up your lunch with bite size activity – every 10 minutes counts!
So what is it?
The Active Lunch Challenge is an 8-week national activity logging challenge taking place from the 4th January to the 28th February 2017, where you and your colleagues can log activities and earn activity points.
Bite size activities can be anything that gets your heart rate elevated, makes you feel a little bit warmer and gets your blood pumping! From a brisk walk in a midday mile, to a tussle over table tennis get logging your activity!
The national challenge is a great way to make an active change to your daily routine. Rally the troops and get your workplace moving, enjoy some friendly rivalry competing against local workplaces, and more importantly logging your activity will help make your resolution a reality!
If you are keen to get your whole workplace involved… take a look at our Flexible Lunch Break manifesto, which provides evidence for your employer into the benefits of a healthy and active workplace. There is also the ability to sign up your organisation with our Business Registration feature. Find out more here.
Who can take part?
No experience necessary! Anyone can take part in the Active Lunch Challenge we are keen to encourage everyone to add some activity into and around the working day. From swapping the stairs for the lift, to a tussle over table tennis every 10 minutes counts!
How can I get started?
- Sign up and create your own Workplace Challenge profile
- Set yourself targets. Use our target feature to create your own personal targets to motivate you to get moving.
- Search for activities in your local area to try something different as well as great offers from our core partners.
- Log your activities to earn points. Be rewarded for getting active, points mean prizes!
- Track your progress and see how far you've come by checking out the activities you've logged and check to see if you've reached your personal target.
- Share your successes and failures with others just like you by linking your Workplace Challenge profile with your social media profile. By sharing with your friends your journey, you are more likely to keep going and inspire others to get moving too!
There's no time like the present sign up to Workplace Challenge and get warmed up for the Active Lunch Challenge!