The Workplace Challenge is the perfect training buddy! It tracks the distance you travel, amount of time you exercise for and rewards you with points for every activity you log.
Logging your activities can begin as soon as you have signed up, which is free!
Once signed up you can begin logging activities and you will automatically be added to the leaderboard of any national challenges, such as Shake Up September and New Year, New Business.
Points earned are related to the duration and intensity of any activities completed.
To help you get started, we've got some fantastic training plans and ideas for getting yourself and other people active in your workplace.
"In December if you had told me I would be doing as much physical activity as I am doing now, I would have thought you were a comedian! This type of challenge is exactly what I needed to get back into fitness after a somewhat lazy year or so of doing very little and suffering a number of injuries. I've lost over a stone in weight and am feeling great physically and mentally."
British Heart Foundation (BHF) have developed some excellent training schedules for beginner, intermediate and experienced walkers.
Download the Workplace Challenge app and log your walks with its GPS function.
Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running in just 9 weeks.
Grab your trainers, follow the step-by-step plan and use the Workplace Challenge app to record your times and distances.
If you love the idea of getting to grips with cycling but have no idea where to start, we have just the training plan for you from Total Women's Cycling.
Suitable for complete novices, male and female, use the Workplace Challenge app to track your progress as you go from 0-30 miles in 14 weeks.
If you're looking for something slightly more challenging, the BHF have some excellent training plans for beginner to advanced cyclists.
All of the BBC's Make Your Move challenges will help you to improve your fitness. You just need to choose what you want to work on first: Balance, Flexibility or Strength?
Other Ways to Use the Workplace Challenge
- Join one of our national challenges (normally held in September, January and February). You'll find out about these through our newsletter and could win some fantastic prizes.
- Create a challenge amongst your colleagues. For example, an active travel challenge where everyone leaves their cars at home for a week and finds an active way to get to work, such as cycling. Contact email@example.com for help setting this up.
- Get competitive against another workplace.
- Take a look at our Events and Competition pages for things to get involved in near you.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more ideas!