2013 Active Together Workplace Challenge
- Latest Activity: Ken from Crown Hills Community College has added 1 hour of walking scoring 210 points
- Latest Activity: Catherine from Charnwood Borough Council has added 1 hour of walking and earned 280 points
- Activity Tip: Explore new physical activities see "Get Active" page for ideas.
- Latest Activity: Derek from Harborough District Council has recorded 2 hours of gym (cardio), earning 1,080 points
- Activity Tip: Split activity up throughout the day. You can achieve your target in bouts of 10 minutes or more.
- Activity Tip: Exercise DVDs allow you to get a good workout without having to leave your house. Exercising at home is easy to fit around your daily routine.
- Latest Activity: Carly from Leicestershire County Council has recorded 30 mins of cycling, stationary scoring 315 points
- Activity Tip: Take the stairs instead of the lift, or get out of the lift a few floors early then use the stairs.
- Latest Activity: Jessamy from Leicestershire County Council has added 10 mins of yoga, earning 40 points
- Activity Tip: Try something new. If you're not sure what activities you'd like, check out the "Get Active" page for some ideas!
- Latest Activity: Lynne from Leicestershire County Council has added 45 mins of walking, earning 113 points
- Activity Tip: Take the dog on longer walks
- Activity Tip: Instead of booking a conference room, grab your colleagues for a "walking meeting"
- Activity Tip: Set a time for physical activity and stick to it. A good routine helps you to stick to your goals!
- Latest Activity: Richard from Loughborough University has done 30 mins of walking, earning 105 points
- Activity Tip: Avoid labor-saving devices, such as a remote control or electric mixers
- Activity Tip: In an office? Change your routine and stand while talking on the telephone.
Are you up for the Challenge?
The Active Together Workplace Challenge is aimed at organisations in Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland and promotes a more active lifestyle with offers of innovative methods to stay active.
The FREE Activity Log Challenge runs annually from January- March. Log your activity for 8 weeks and you could win prizes!
The Workplace Challenge is comprised of 3 programmes to help achieve your activity goals and compete for prizes along the way! So check out the links above on the 'Activity Log', 'Competition Programme' and 'Business Games' and see what you can achieve!
Get Registered, Get Active, Get Involved!
Teams of 4 brave individuals from workplaces across Leicester-Shire & Rutland took on the Workplace Challenge's new event - the Canoeing & Kayaking Competition!
Walk to Work Week is taking place from 13 - 17 May 2013. Why not replace some short car journeys with a walk to get your workplace to the top of the Walk to Work Week Challenge leaderboard? Open to Workplaces from Charnwood and North West Leicestershire as part of the Fit for Business Challenge. Get walking to ...
Workplaces across Leicestershire join together at Sour Valley Netball Centre to go all out for the win at the Workplace Challenge Netball Tournament.
Tue 21st May 2013, 17:30 - 21:00
Format: 10v10 (minimum of 8 players per team with at least 4 women)
Fri 21st June 2013, 17:30 - 21:00
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport's second annual Business Games! Grab some colleagues and take part in our multi-sport evening at Charnwood College!
Start Your Own Challenge
A great way to challenge one another within the workplace to get fit and healthy! Or why not use it to keep track of a charity event? The possibilities are endless!