2013 Active Together Workplace Challenge
- Latest Activity: Carly from Leicestershire County Council has completed 30 mins of cycling, stationary scoring 315 points
- Latest Activity: Georgina from Crown Hills Community College has recorded 1 hour of walking and earned 210 points
- Latest Activity: Craig from North West Leicestershire District Council has added 20 mins of running, earning 210 points
- Activity Tip: If you work close to home, leave the car and walk or bike in.
- Latest Activity: Derek from Harborough District Council has added 2 hours of gym (cardio) and earned 1,080 points
- Latest Activity: Lynne from Leicestershire County Council has recorded 30 mins of walking scoring 75 points
- Activity Tip: Do sit-ups in front of the TV. Have a sit-up competition with your friends/family
- Latest Activity: Jessamy from Leicestershire County Council has added 10 mins of yoga, earning 40 points
- Activity Tip: Contract your stomach and back muscles, roll your shoulders and stretch your neck while sitting in office chairs.
- Latest Activity: Richard from Loughborough University has done 30 mins of walking scoring 105 points
- Latest Activity: Ken from Crown Hills Community College has done 1 hour of walking, earning 210 points
- Activity Tip: Be active with your family/friends! Head to the swimming pool or play a game in the park!
- Activity Tip: Explore new physical activities see "Get Active" page for ideas.
- Activity Tip: Take up running. Running is an effective and straightforward way of exercising. Check out our Run England Scheme!
- Activity Tip: Driving to work? Park your car at the back of the parking lot and make up the distance on foot.
- Activity Tip: Get your mates involved. You're more likely to keep active if you have fun and other people to enjoy yourself with.
- Latest Activity: Jen from Cuttlefish Multimedia Ltd has done 45 mins of gym (weights), earning 270 points
- Activity Tip: Pack a skipping rope in your work bag for a different kind of lunch time exercise!
- Activity Tip: Go for a brisk walk during your lunch break. Use a pedometer and keep track of how many steps you take.
Are you up for the Challenge?
The Active Together Workplace Challenge is aimed at organisations in Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland and promotes a more active lifestyle with offers of innovative methods to stay active.
The FREE Activity Log Challenge runs annually from January- March. Log your activity for 8 weeks and you could win prizes!
The Workplace Challenge is comprised of 3 programmes to help achieve your activity goals and compete for prizes along the way! So check out the links above on the 'Activity Log', 'Competition Programme' and 'Business Games' and see what you can achieve!
Get Registered, Get Active, Get Involved!
Teams of 4 brave individuals from workplaces across Leicester-Shire & Rutland took on the Workplace Challenge's new event - the Canoeing & Kayaking Competition!
Walk to Work Week is taking place from 13 - 17 May 2013. Why not replace some short car journeys with a walk to get your workplace to the top of the Walk to Work Week Challenge leaderboard? Open to Workplaces from Charnwood and North West Leicestershire as part of the Fit for Business Challenge. Get walking to ...
Workplaces across Leicestershire join together at Sour Valley Netball Centre to go all out for the win at the Workplace Challenge Netball Tournament.
Start Your Own Challenge
A great way to challenge one another within the workplace to get fit and healthy! Or why not use it to keep track of a charity event? The possibilities are endless!